JUNIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
What you will do:
- Work from 9:00 to 17:00
- You’ll get to work on a variety of projects, ranging from clean-cut and corporate to creative and fun.
- We do track our time spent on jobs & other admin-y things, so we’ll need you to be disciplined at tracking your time.
- Sometimes we might need you to do some driving for us (don’t worry, we’ll cover your petrol or uber costs).
- We have two cats, they may demand your attention or for you to feed them. This is totally optional.
- Offer to make coffee now and again.
- We often do some screen printing on the side, so you’ll get to learn how to screen print! (Yay)
- We are based within walking distance to the Jan Smuts Art Mile (Goodman Gallery & others) and two coffee shops, a Woolies and one of the best pizza joints in Jo'burg.
- Having a car would be great, but the studio is only a ten minute walk from the Rosebank Gautrain station in a very safe neighbourhood.
- We are close to Rosebank Mall for all your lunch time shopping needs.
- There is a park close by, so you can have a go on the swings.
- Relaxed atmosphere and we love listening to podcasts while we work.
- You will get not one, but two brilliant bosses! Lucky you.
We are a growing design business seeking a creative, hard-working and dedicated junior graphic designer to join our team in Parkwood, Johannesburg. We are hoping to find a designer that matches our style and sensibilities. This will be a permanent position with a 3 month probation period. If your application is successful, we’d like you to start on the 1st of March, or sooner if possible.
- 1 - 2 years of industry experience
- A degree in Graphic Design
- Good work ethic and a sense of responsibility
- Design programs: Adobe Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop
- Great attention to detail in design and illustration
- We love neat designers, clean files and good folder management
- Be serious about learning new skills
- Have a love for art, illustration, typography and design
- Must not be allergic to cats
- Microsoft Office Word & Powerpoint knowledge is a bonus
What we need from you:
- CV - remember to include your interests and your dislikes
- Portfolio - keep it simple and show us your best work
- Notice period at current employment
If you are interested in joining a growing design business, click on the button below. Remember to include your portfolio (attachment or link). If we like what we see we'll contact you to set up an interview over coffee. Please note the salary is negotiable.